Thursday 13 August 2015

Maya Tutorials: Back To Skinning

    My internet connection has been rather unpredictable today so while I still have other skinning tutorials to do, I thought it prudent to upload the two skinning toutorials I so far have completed in case I lose my window and the connection cuts out again.

    In terms of available techniques so far I think I prefer painting by weights technique. Though editing the weights by numerical value does appeal to me. This is because I like how I can be precise in the values and it allows me to more efficently edit more than two values at a time more promptly than painting by weights seem to do.

    Then again, I also get a better visual feel from painting on the weights. I can check and change areas more easily so I can see why painting weights might be more favourable for high-poly models.

No comments:

Post a Comment