Saturday 13 February 2016

Adaptation B: Ink Stain Practice

  Yesterday evening, before streaming I investigated using ink stains to help get some idea for shapes to make the Colo Colo with. The set of images above were made on coarser paper than the images below, which were painted on cartridge paper. I plan to use these either to create a composite image or to combine these with the blackouts I created in previous sessions.

  I like the more spider-like qualities these ink stains have, and some of them I can see a vague shape that could relate to Colo Colo (5 could be used for a mouth while 13 could be a leg or a paw). The use of ink-stains gave me less control yes but also a greater sense of expressiveness.

3 comments:

  1. I'm excited to see you working in this way, Mark :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a primal feeling to this kind of look. A savagery in some of them, which fits the dark nature of Colo Colo.

      Delete