It turns out that once again what I have provided isn't to the entire group's liking. It seems what half the group wants is something friendly and creative and the font I provided is too rigid and cold. Due to other projects and assignments going on I do not think there is enough time before the online greenlight to make a completely new design so I decided to work on what I already have and try to make it nicer.
One of the key principles of the argument is that the logo doesn't look like something put out by a creative company with too much emphasis on the text when they'd prefer the focus to be on the graphic. I didn't want to start another argument that went nowhere so I decided to accept the feedback and work with what I already had.