Wednesday 26 October 2016

Major Project: Progress on the Adult


  Following considerations, I considered the shapes Four's body could take. The start however was maybe a little slow. I put a lot of attention to Four's head, thinking of axolotls but after some thought I may have been going too directly. I feel it also started looking a little too like Colo Colo. I'm also considering avoiding horns, though the frills add a charming touch to Four's appeal.


  So I took a step back, looking at the two most successful colour thumbnails and building on them after the Maya workshop. There's still a lot of room for refinement however. I was looking at ferrets, otters, and Siamese fighting fish for possible features. The fighting fish direction I think brought back a lot of the sense of otherworldness to Four's design. Although utilising the fins is going to be an interesting prospect to consider.

2 comments:

  1. I'm liking what's getting started in 71

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of these fighting fish tails are mesmerizing. It's like the fish are wearing ballgowns.

      I'll consider some more possible designs. But it's very tempting to get lost in drawing flowing fins and tails.

      Delete