Friday 20 March 2015

Mosquito Development: Body And Texture Tests


     Making some progress with the head I decided to see what fit best with the body and what the best position and neck length for it was. I personally like 4 and 6, there's something about the stooped head that I think makes it look appropriately menacing.

    I also made an attempt at a texture for it. I looked at stealth bombers and fighter jets to get an idea of what kind of material is used as while the body might be smooth enough for a shader, a bump/specular combination could really bring out the texture on the mosquito. Before I do those though I need to perfect it to be tileable, something which I will look into tonight and possibly over the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm thinking of going the direction of 6 as well. The head's not too big o rtoo small and not too far out from the body.

      Delete