Monday 9 March 2015

Photoshop Studies: More Life Drawing and Master Studies

    I found today's photoshop lessons very useful as fot a while I've always had a little trouble with drawing hands in a way that made them look good. I find the colour values furthest left and right to be the least perfect (although the far right example I think is still a pretty good quality) but the best for me are the three in the centre, particularly the top-centre coloured value. I am not sure entirely but I think I used a pastel-type digital brush for it. Whatever I used, I' can remember the preset and will definitely consider it for further painting in the future.

    Feeling confident with the brushes, I had an attempt at replicating a painting by a Dutch realist. THere is still admittedly plenty to do but I am glad that for now I have the basic values in place. All I really need to do is work into them with the right brushes and keep an eye on my darks. While It's not quite perfect, I am rather happy however with how the buns - probably the most complete part of the piece - have turned out.

2 comments:

  1. Learning all the ways you can edit your photos and images is like someonethat finally learns the proper drawing techniques. Here at How to use Adobe Photoshop you can learn all this. Before, the person wasmaking interesting doodles, now he/she’s creating works of art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take that into consideration, thank you.

      Delete