Monday 7 November 2016

Major Project: Camera Positioning


  With frameworks for the rooms in place, I set about placing cameras. Each one would pan around the room, allowing the viewer to explore the environment. The thing I realised I had to bear most in mind, second to taking length into account, was the speed of the camera. Too fast and the viewer would feel like they're flying rather than walking though the scene.

  Ideally I would like to get a playblast by Thursday. I could substitute Four's place with a sphere or a very rough shape for the creature. Whether I can get some sound effects for the doors is down to available time, to which I have Tuesday, while Wednesday at the very latest should be used for assembling the interim presentation. 


  With the tracking cameras, the laboratory does not feel as small as I thought it would have been. In fact it seems quite appropriately sized. Perhaps this plays to some profound effect that while David's quarters on the station are comfortable, he's still a dead-inside workaholic. All the luxurious living in the world is no replacement or comfort for his lost little girl


  Somewhat inspired by the environments from Alien I decided the laboratory needed a pair of viewing windows, which can also clue the viewer as to the room they are approaching. In the final animation there'd be glass, giving a little reflection to the world. But for the playblast an empty pane is enough to get the idea across.


No comments:

Post a Comment